Monday, March 13, 2006

I am rich

There has been a drought around here of posts. I started out strong, adding new posts every week. But after the first few months things really tapered off. It is my intention to change that. I think I may even move all this over to a blogger site and once and for all have a real blog. We'll see.

The main factor in my lack of posting has been being pregnant. Which is what this post is mostly about. I love being pregnant. I love knowing that there is a little person inside of me growing. This individual, distinct person that I have the privledge of being mother too. And what I really love is how easy it is to tell almost from the beginning that they have there own personality and traits. The pro-life movement talks a lot about when the heart beat starts, and when they have finger prints, and how early they are fully formed-but it is far more than just anatomy being formed in there. I knew with my first that she was going to be high energy, high maintance, and strong willed. She used to move around so fast in there that you would swear she had eight legs. She used to kick me if I was in a position she didn't like and wouldn't stop until I moved. For those of you who know her, you can attest that she is still rather like that. Where as my new little one I knew was much more mellow. I always felt regular movement, in fact started to feel her move at 13 wks, but it was slower, more deliberate. Simply-she wasn't as spastic as her older sister. And even in this first month it has proved to be her nature. She is laid back, likes to cuddle, let's the big sister poke her without any fuss.

All of this really amazes me. My children are unique creations of God. They are His and have been given traits by Him. Yes, they are here for me to raise and to help mold into Godly women, but it was The Potter who molded them first. And really it is Him who will continue to do so, I just get to participate.

My husband tells me that I grow good babies, and I hope that those things which are under my control I do well. But I didn't give them these personalites, these gifts. Like all good gifts, they have come down from the Father of Lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

I nevewr thought that at 23 I would be married (almost 5 years now) and with two children. I would have it no other way though. It is good that we aren't given a magic wand to determine the course of our futures, and it is good that all prayers are not answer with a yes. Many are the plans of a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Praise be to God that it does.

And Praise be to God for babies and motherhood. It truly is amazing.

“Here is a little mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost, since it is abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mothers heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, to her most tender cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!”
~ Elizabeth Prentiss’ Stepping Heavenward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home